4.24.2011

salone del mobile - via: karen karlstrom

vitra styled by dieter thiel

My friend Karen is the best window onto the Milan furniture fair, she always finds something good and I like her sensibility. Visit her atelier in Switzerland by clicking here. This year she came back with some photos that had a very playful flair.. party ideas anyone!?

vitra styled by dieter thiel

Karens comments on the fair:
Going through the furniture fair in Milan this week I found the styling at the Vitra stand to be very fresh with a child-like approach complete with croaking frogs, mobiles and balloons, definitely not the usual dull combination of neutral colored glass, books and ceramics... it brought some color and some joy into my day.

She's not kidding, Karen will always find a way to add delightful color to her work!

vitra styled by dieter thiel
 I love the glossy tones together with the dark shades of black and grey, this is easy to translate into your own home and I think that there are many ways to use this 'information' to spruce up your own home!

vitra style by dieter thiel
I know that there is a lot of information on the fair from many sources, even Design Within Reach shared their comment on the fair on their blog (click here)

get inspired!