4.11.2011

Grazia Magazine - UK


Our Matunuck, RI home was featured in Grazia Magazine in the UK. They published a lovely article that turned into an nice feature. We found out because a friend of ours called from a London taxi and said "I just opened a Grazia magazine that was in the back of the taxi and I said to myself "HEY, that's Franny!".



 I think it's just about time that I need to offer myself for interior design! maybe it's a better career for me... (or maybe I should have done that BEFORE the issue came out!) But really, it's a nice article and funny it comes just at a time when I was reading through all of the responses from our first annual Survey Monkey... and many of you said that you would like to see more of our house (more on the survey results in another blog). Well, first of all I will tell you that it rarely looks as clean as it does in these photos, and secondly if you follow our blog you will know that our house is also UP FOR SALE! (contact me for details).


So here you go... more of our house! I think it looks great and thank you Grazia for the feature!

5 comments:

kasey @ girl in the gray house said...

it is beautiful! i love all of the outdoor spaces... i remember seeing it in a magazine a while back, and tearing the page out with the rolling sandbox....i'm determined to make one someday!

Anonymous said...

YES! If you have any inkling to do interiors go for it! I emailed after your home was in domino mag asking for more pics and you were so kind to respond and come through! Not just your style but your ability to lend it a 'real home' inhabited by kids resonates w/ so many people. Can you tie this into the backing you are looking for to allow nonchal mom to grow? Can you get a sponsorship as a designer from ikea?! :D. Seriously, don't underestimate yourself. You're v. Talented and you must work hard!

Leaves and Feathers said...

Yes, I remember loving your home in the Domino Mag feature, I think that's how I found you originally and I've been following you for ages! Your home is gorgeous, I'm very intrigued that you are selling, are you moving locally or far away. Can't wait to hear more details!

Nicole H. said...

hello, i've been obsessed with your metal exterior antlers since the Domino spread. Do you mind sharing where you found it? Thank you!

nonchalant mom said...

yikes! we don't have any exterior antlers, but maybe you meant 'letters' we get those at flea markets - but if you are in NYC, Paula Rubenstein (on Prince St. btwn Crosby and lafayette) has an EXCELLENT trove of fantastic letters and I have bought many from her! good luck!