1.21.2011

mary hartzell - on GOOP!


I am a big fan of GOOP! and I have shared some of my favorite GOOP blogs here from time to time. If you don't already get her weekly newsletter, I promise you if you like my blog you will enjoy GOOP as well. Today I received her newsletter which is an interview with Mary Hartzell, co-author of "Parenting From The Inside Out". Even if you are completely happy with your parenting skills I promise you, you will learn something from her interview. And if you are not, you will be enlightened (if you are ready for it) to a paradigm shift in the way that you deal with difficult situations with your kids. And well, it just makes more sense.

I like to think that I am a 'nonchalant mom' but the scenario that she describes about getting to school on time is just what was happening in our house last year, unfortunately we went down the wrong path for a long time before I involved my son in making the whole morning routine better. We have never spoken about it again and our mornings are completely happy and sometimes a race 'together' to get to school on time, but we are laughing our way through it.

Reading Mary's conversation on GOOP has opened the door to bringing this kind of problem solving into our lives more and more, and instead of upset I am excited about the opportunity to work things through with my kids.


get the book by clicking here
read the interview with Mary here
visit GOOP by clicking here and sign up for her newsletter