12.08.2009

custom blythe dolls


I have written about this artist before, her name is Diem Chau and she does the crayon sculptures that I really love! On a visit to her website I found that she also makes these fantastic Blythe dolls and doll couture.. it's amazing! Diem has been customizing Blythe dolls for years now and she not only makes custom clothing she actually customizes the actual doll, here is a description of her work.


"The first animated movie I saw as a child was Disney's Pinocchio, no I’m not that old… just a little behind :P I loved the idea of creating a doll that comes to life. I see each doll I customize as an object waiting to spring to life! Most of the time I don’t plan out the results, I just go with it. My aesthetic lean towards subtlety and natural colors, but sometimes a special request can be fun and challenging. My goal is to give them a lively energy and enhance their personality. I’m a working artist and my schedule is quite unpredictable. I will only work on one doll at a time. Please feel free to contact me for commission availability. I don’t have a menu of services, it’s just $200 flat for a complete custom job. That includes head opening, sand matting, carving, new face-up, eyechip changes, haircuts, trims and bang/hair taming… basically everything but reroots. I will do wefted reroots, but that’s extra."


I think that these would make a really amazing gift for a girl and a real treasure. These Blythe dolls are collectible and you can buy clothing for them by Diem on her etsy website.

watch her film to see details on her work and a window onto how a doll transforms! It's really beautiful.

tinyhaus - diem chau's blythe doll website

etsy website - for extra clothing and a view of some of her other items
diem chau website
previous post on crayon sculpture