7.02.2013

getting ready for the 4th?

I'm not sure but I think that Everyday Food dissolved into something that comes together with your Martha Stewart Living. When this one came last friday we somehow dove in and just made EVERYTHING! We were going to grill anyhow, so I just pulled this out and we made a bunch of things which were all terrific and would make for a great July 4th barbeque!


So here is what WE made but really anything from the issue sounds good.. there are sauces, marinades.. it's all SO easy! (sorry forgot to photograph the grilling!)

grilled chicken w/lemon oregano marinade
grilled tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and tuscan bread
creamy avocado dip



we made up these wonderful appetizers (not in the magazine) - roast small potatoes cut thin, then top with sour cream or creme fraiche, a bit of finely chopped onion and some caviar (small whitefish is great for kids, not so fishy)


and we also managed to make the Mojito SLUSHIE (we HAD the ingredients so why NOT?!)


when I make this again I will pile more fruit on top!

I have never made a cheese cake, but I've ALWAYS wanted to... so this one sounded easy and it was SUPER easy (you just need to remember to make it ahead of time so that it can sit in the fridge for at LEAST 8 hours... it was the BEST cheese cake I have ever had and it makes such a perfect 4th of July (or anytime in the summer!) desert! You can't see it in these photos but it's about 2 inches high!

Thanks Martha for all the tips and recipes!! You made our summer grilling perfectly EASY!