8.18.2013

Have you heard... the 5/2 diet

you can look like this... just kidding

I can't say I remember the origins of how I found out about this diet, but I think it's a really good idea. It combines a bit of fasting with daily life, each time I fast I feel so good and I have come to think that this is why it is a part of so many religions it is part of a whole body experience. And above all it makes your body work better. So the 5/2 diet IS a fad diet one of those things you read in a magazine (okay so I just realized that it's also a book) but this one made some sense to me on more levels than one. Eat what you want for 5 days, obviously I would hope that it is healthy, and then for two days Fast, or eat only 500 calories and drink as much tea as you want. It just seems so simple and I think it does work for many different types of people.

Even if you don't want to loose weight, I think a fast once a month, once a week... it's a good idea spiritually. Digging into this a bit online I realized that NPR did a story on the diet recently which is a good information base.

NPR :: Two-day diets and How Mini Fasts Can Help Maximize Weight-loss

give it a try and see how you feel... maybe it just feels good!