1) A Bra - a really decent looking nursing bra - I had to laugh because, to be perfectly honest Angela has a great BOD (as in body), my version was a comfort-type thing. But she wanted to clarify, it's a BEAUTY thing, get a beautiful bra so you feel beautiful.. LOVE that right!? She suggested Bella Materna (I visited their website and YES they are gorgeous!).
2) Music - with each of her kids she was listening to different music and now, when that music comes up it's this delightful memory - different for each child - of her baby times with each of her kids (she has five). I have a funny story to insert here, not that I want this to be about me, but here goes - when I was pregnant I LOVED to relax and do some breathing and listen to Snatam Kaur - Grace - over and over and over again, and when I went into labor it's all I wanted to listen to, over and over and over again. I hear it now and I just want to listen to it over and over again! It's such a lovely memory. I know that Angela's music is VERY different but it will have that same effect. You choose what you want.. what is your favorite thing to listen to at the time.
|Bill Amberg leather baby seat w/sheepskin|
3) A good comfy seat - you will have a lot to do and with five kids, Angela always had a million things going on.. so a good comfy seat for your baby is really heartwarming. We happened to have this one above by Bill Amberg which we LOVED.. I don't think he makes them anymore but they do turn up on eBay from time to time. I am sure Mclaren makes a beauty as well!
|these beautiful Lucky Fish swaddling blankets are terrific! (NEW at Nonchalantmom!)|
4) Swaddling Blankets - These are essential for just about EVERYTHING! and if you are a busy mom, running around town there is no better thing to have in your purse then these, they have multi uses and you will always have a place to put your baby down (without cringing) if you have one of these with you. And if you are more of a at-home mom, no baby feels more secure in one of these swaddling blankets!
5) Breast Pump - breastfeeding is one of the true joys of having a baby, a breast pump is just something that makes it THAT much easier! Angela works from home so she gets to be home most of the time, but you never know when a meeting is going to go too long, you might take a trip, etc.. you will need this device... learn to LOVE it!
Thank you Angela for sharing your terrifically essential and beautiful suggestions for your 5 top baby essentials!