5.09.2011

Nonchalant Kids - new halter pantsuits!


pink batik size 6 - model is 5 years old

I have been hanging onto this fabric for ages hoping to make some more of these HALTER PANTSUITS and having an intern this year helped me get my butt into gear! Jillian, my University of Rhode Island intern this year helped get things together and moving, unfortunately we had a little bit of trouble with the fabric and so we didn't get to make that many, I had hoped to offer them to more stores etc... but we only have enough for ourselves (and hardly that...) so if you want them, go get them!

paisley batik - size 4 - model is 5 years old (they are just shorter in leg)

green batik - size 4 - model is 5 years old

The fabric is these delicious batik fabrics that I found in New York City, they are all 100% cotton and authentic batiks, I love the colors and everything! The stripe fabric is something I got from Erica Tanov, you can buy her leftover fabrics on her website sometimes and it's fun to get really good quality, nice fabric for a fraction of the cost since it's her leftover production - reduce-reuse-recycle.. that's the deal right!? (click her to get some for yourself-her website is in transition at the moment so have patience)

pink stripe - size 4 model is 5 years old

size 4 (see below difference in size 6)

size 6

The halter pantsuit is really one of my favorites, and Jillian and I are working on making some for adults. As you know I am kind of slow moving on this, due to anything buy laziness (I wish!), but I think we will have them certainly for next year if not sooner (later this summer). I think the pantsuit is the perfect diversion from the day to day dress wearing -- WOW your friends with a pantsuit!! The fit is simple and not at all constructed, the idea is more to hang off the neck with kids and comfort all the way... a wide leg, no hem and elastic in the back. The sizes are size 2 year, 4 year, 6 year and 8 year, they fit pretty true to size but if you are in-between I would say size up unless you know better (model is wearing size 4 in most photos except for pink batik in which she has a size 6 on, you can see it's a bit bigger there... model is 44 1/2" tall and 5 1/2 years old).

if you like the pink batik you may get this pattern or the one below.. the fabirc dictates this and we have no control!  (note: see smaller dials or big dials)


Don't hesitate to email with any questions. I hope that you love them!!

click here to see PANTSUITS on nonchalantmom!