in the year ahead...

Sydney, Australia's fantastic 2012 fireworks!

This is that wonderful or not so wonderful time of in-between... we have all spent quite a bit of time with our families, which I can say has been GREAT, but in the same breath I can't wait for things to get back to normal tomorrow. Do I really LOVE my work that much... YES I do! I like to set new goals for the new year and with all the distractions, in the last week I haven't really thought further than "What are we having for dinner tonight?" On the horizon are health goals, business goals and personal goals...

Exercise - last year I started running, one mile a day... foolish you may think... but it's a super easy time commitment that I can't pass up, it ONLY takes 15 minutes! I love this idea and I think that EVERYBODY should do it... in my opinion it's SOMETHING rather than nothing. Rather than taking it further I am trying to just run it faster... in this New Year.

Food - last year I spoke about our families food consumption (well maybe just my husbands and mine) If we could just take the lead from our kids and eat, just enough! I am still interested in cutting it back, it's a process... what should our plate look like at mealtime, I think it can be MUCH smaller than it currently is... and I am going to start incorporating some raw food recipes into our diet. Not very macrobiotic, but I like the idea of the variety. I am also taking a clue from my sister and we will include Sauerkraut into all meals that we eat at home... that goes for everyone! (I will write a blog about it later but it makes all of your food more digestible--good gut = good health!)

Business Goals - I LOVE my business, I really don't want to change much but I would like to have a 'brick and mortar' store that I love and I am proud of... as many of you know I have a small store in our VERY small town of Wakefield, RI but I am interested in finding a great spot for a great little store... keep your eyes peeled! We have lots of interesting plans that are a bit secret at the moment but incredibly exciting for me and some collaborations that I am really excited about! Just enough to make this year super exciting and refreshing for NonchalantMom.

I am also looking forward to lighting my personal light more than I have in the past... doing things for myself, so that I grow and change, give back to my community effectively, and make me and my family proud!

I hope that all of you have exciting plans for the new year - I really like the idea of 2012... it's an even number so I am sure it will be a growth year for all!

Happy New Year and look forward to some good blogs that will help you pull yourself and your family together and be healthy and HAPPY!

No comments: