6.07.2007

nusnäs...dala horses


a trip to sweden is not complete unless you visit the workshops of Nusnäs where those beautiful orange dala horses are from, the kids loved it and well, I just think it's simply cute. I hope that you guys don't kill me but I just had to write about Nusnäs. You can visit each section and watch as the horses are cut out of bricks of wood, then they are carved by hand, sanded, and painted ...and then it's time for the rosemaling...and it's all by hand! the traditional color is orange but now they have many colors and I fell in love with the yellow one! each town in Dalarna has horse that is painted differently, and the Leksands horse is beautiful as well. don't forget to take your picture with the big giant horse outside! find out more here and shop and I loved these super funny clogs