2.10.2016

ON Being - SETH GODIN - The Art of Noticing and Then Creating


One of my favorite things to do when I make the hike down to NYC is take that time to listen to my favorite NPR radio show - ON BEING with Krista Tippett. It's just wonderful and I find myself listening to them over and over again, always learning. This particular interview with Seth Godin is from 2014, but I really needed it NOW. Because I tell you what, all of our jobs have become confounding, changing, and very challenging and my little shop is just the same! When I went into this in 2004 I was one of the only shops online, now... well you know how much is out there now. It's challenging harvesting your clientele, friends, customers in a world where things are coming at you at every moment. And I certainly don't have the answers, although I love to do this so I am not going to stop... I need to learn to do it better, more efficiently, and with greater pleasure. And I like his use of the word 'tribe' because that resonates with me :)

In recent years it's been very difficult to control and maintain my business - there has to be a better way than when everyone comes to me and want's to be paid at the same moment, I have a 'sale' and that's my answer - I know there is a better answer... listening to Seth Godin in this interview helps me to step back, oversee what's really going on and find a way into the future.

And I'm looking forward to it.. instead of feeling overwhelmed by it.

visit ON BEING with Krista Tippett
listen to this program with Seth Godin here

No comments: