2.10.2016

ON Being - SETH GODIN - The Art of Noticing and Then Creating


One of my favorite things to do when I make the hike down to NYC is take that time to listen to my favorite NPR radio show - ON BEING with Krista Tippett. It's just wonderful and I find myself listening to them over and over again, always learning. This particular interview with Seth Godin is from 2014, but I really needed it NOW. Because I tell you what, all of our jobs have become confounding, changing, and very challenging and my little shop is just the same! When I went into this in 2004 I was one of the only shops online, now... well you know how much is out there now. It's challenging harvesting your clientele, friends, customers in a world where things are coming at you at every moment. And I certainly don't have the answers, although I love to do this so I am not going to stop... I need to learn to do it better, more efficiently, and with greater pleasure. And I like his use of the word 'tribe' because that resonates with me :)

In recent years it's been very difficult to control and maintain my business - there has to be a better way than when everyone comes to me and want's to be paid at the same moment, I have a 'sale' and that's my answer - I know there is a better answer... listening to Seth Godin in this interview helps me to step back, oversee what's really going on and find a way into the future.

And I'm looking forward to it.. instead of feeling overwhelmed by it.

visit ON BEING with Krista Tippett
listen to this program with Seth Godin here