3.08.2017

International Womens Day

Actually I like the way they say it in Europe - International Day of the Woman!

a homepage image from 2010 (one of my favorites)

We are a business that prides itself for the last 12 years on supporting women in business, it’s been our mission since I started Nonchalantmom in 2004. I wanted everything I had in the shop to be the result of a creative, steadfast woman making something - having a great idea and most of the time she is supporting a family while she is doing it (I know because that’s what I’m doing too). Yes, that’s right we have always supported women, we support women who design, women who sew, women who make jewelry, pottery and apothecary. Because I feel what’s the use of using my platform if but to inform customers everywhere that you can buy something that is made by another woman, another mom maybe and you don’t have to buy from big business. You CAN buy from someone very creative who is making something because she loves to make it!

BECAUSE THAT DOESN’T FEEL BAD, IT FEELS GOOD!

Just ask me and I will bend your ear with stories of all the women I work with to make this a beautiful store - I love them all and each and every one of them is a dear friend, I care about her sucess as much as I care about my own. In the coming days I am going to do my best to introduce you to the women of the shop one by one, we used to do this here on my blog but I have gotten out of the habit, I promise to get back into it - because let me tell you there are some good stories here! People that will inspire you and sometimes even make you cry! Oh the stories we can tell...