1.14.2017

A bit storytelling in the new year...



I am going to share a little bit with you, probably not appropriate by some standards but here I go.. coming into the new year was very rocky for our family personally. While the Holiday time is great for my store, we came out of it with just enough to pay off who we owed for my inventory - whew! This is living by the seat of your pants that is our life - the life of two self employed people. Needless to say in the coming year I am using my workbook "Many Moons" to work on asking for more, creating more and being stronger in the coming year.


Last night I was feeling so strong as I read my workbook and started jotting down my intentions for the Full Moon (Thursday nights full moon), I love the way Sarah writes because she knows what crazy lives we all lead and that we can't necessarily sit down on the exact night of the full moon and gives us space to work on it a night or two after - I am just glad that I am doing it. As I write things down I realize I am in a good space and the coming year has many surprises for me and that my new adventure in making jewelry, making a lot more things for the store, is going to be wonderful for me on so many levels. It will fill my heart, it will give to others and adding to the beauty in the world. Just what I wanted - so I went to bed content that strength was coming on many levels. I laid out my new crystals to bask in the light of the full moon, to drink in the energy of what the Cherokee call the 'Cold Moon' (the January full moon has many names). I made a small prayer and all was good.

That was in the quiet of the night. The morning brought chaos - it's Saturday so the weekend is usually swedish pancakes in the morning, I figured we could make it work even if we got up late for Franny's Basketball game - we "got'er done" and arrived just in time for the game to start. As Franny said from the back seat, it's okay because really this is the last year that she was doing Basketball, effectively saying "I'm not trying to impress anyone anyhow". Then we wanted to take a walk on the beach before I had to be in the store, so that we could wash the crystals in the ocean.

We took the crystals down to the ocean to wash them, I stepped into the water a bit to get them deeper into the water so that they could be submersed. Then a wave came in stronger than I thought, I jumped back just in time to trip, while holding my net full of crystals up and planted face first on top of the wave. Boots, socks, sweater over two t-shirts, cashmere scarf and down jacket - faceplanted on the sand and surf. This was not my beautiful crystal cleaning ceremony that we had done before... it had gone so well last time. We drove home in silence, I was caked in sand, soaking wet and cold - then Franny and I looked at each other, I had sand on my face too! and we started laughing. Well THAT must have looked interesting from the beach! (what the heck are those two girls doing!?)

Wet and cold I tripped on the stairs at home, dropped by tea all over the floor this was not my version of the day. Until today I had felt some momentum towards a 'things are going right in my direction' people were coming into the shop with so many good things to say, the Holiday season had gone well in the shop and I felt that there was an opening for a change. But the day had confused me and made my second guess my triumphant feeling. Then I realized I had just got my period. In Macroboitics I have learned that when you have your period your body can be clumsy, unbalanced and weak because it is basically out of balance - your CHI is off. This came as quite a relief to this day that I thought was going to screw up my good karma or my centered-ness about the coming year. Now I realize it's just a passing and that tomorrow, things will be better.