1.19.2016

Inspirations: The Child Inventor



Sure, this story on the BBC News website: Somalia's 13-year-old Inventor Finds Fame, is about an inquisitive and inventive young boy in Somalia and his efforts to follow a passion. But, it's also about a young person's persistent imagination when confronted with challenges that we hardly even consider in our so-called 'Western' lives. And, it's about an inspiring teacher, with similar challenges, pitching in to help a student. It's a story I wanted to share with my children - especially considering we've been having pitched battles lately surrounding the over use of technology! This just goes to show - where there's a will, there's a way. That's exactly what I'm taking away from this story... and I hope my kid's will do the same.

If you'd like to read out it - here it is.