4.20.2015

Spring!



It seems that Spring can never get here early enough, each year I think to myself - geeze, this was a long winter. Then I talk to my friends in Vermont and they still have snow on the ground - w h a t !? Yes, it's all the same cycle, each year we think that the particular year we are in is longer or more profound than the last. Did you know that in Washington DC the cherry blossom peak is determined by ONE tree. It is a tree that is near the Jefferson memorial and an original gift from Japan, each year it blooms just slightly earlier than the others, the cycle of nature. (well I am sure if you look at the science, due to global warming the spring is earlier each year)

Each year I get allergies and a really tired feeling - it's the change of seasons. In years past before I figured out that this happens every year, I used to think I was sick, but now I know it lasts for about a week - I'm tired, but spring makes me want to get out and exercise like crazy. I like to take a week, eat clean, I like to clean out with a rice cream diet for a few days - but also juicing is really nice right now. In a change of seasons it's good to change your habits from the last season and start something new. If you are not already starting your day with a warm lemon + water (I like to add things from time to time depending on what my body is feeling like ginger, apple, cinnamon, etc..).

I get a monthly newsletter from Warren King - my most trusted go-to healer for many years and I always look forward to it and I always learn something from reading it. He reminded me that Spring corresponds to the liver. So you may feel agitated and maybe anger. To give support to your liver you can massage the area between your eye brows above your nose, sometimes people have a crease there - this can mean you are eating too much and it's a good time for a cleanse. You can also massage behind your knee just above your calf this will support your liver. And if you are not already skin brushing it's a good time to start!

Happy Spring!