6.13.2014

Pinterest and more...



I will admit, I am a frequent pinner... If you visit my pinterest board (nonchalantmom) you will go crazy. I have lots of favorites and I use Pinterest for so many things.. on a rainy day I go to my CRAFT board and have the kids pick out their favorite craft project and we make it! When I want to make a special dinner and I'm not getting enough ideas from Bon Apetite magazine or Martha Stewart (love them both for great recipes!) I check out my FOOD board on pinterest and find something new that I can make and I am sure it will always have a nice photo (I almost hate making a recipe if I can't see a photo of how it's supposed to look!). When I get bored with our house I go to my various boards "For the Home" or "Dream House" or "Things I Like - home"... I have lot's of home boards because I have used them for my home-design projects (if you want me to overhaul your home just drop me an email! - but watch out.. I might have you making some BIG changes). But you can see where I am going... I even have a board for "My Style" with things I would like... if I could do/have them all...

The night I found this illustration we passed it around to the family and we all thought it was wonderful! I am endlessly fascinated but other cultures, and mostly the fact that other cultures are so different than ours. Chalk it up to my extended family in Sweden but I KNOW that the United States is not the center of the universe... too many Americans feel this way and if everyone got out to travel more often I think there would be more compassion for others. whew... got that off my chest... didn't mean for this to get heavy on you there... Enjoy and share with all you know, these are delightful!












I found the original site that posted this great Illustration and it's a site called Maptia, click here to see the post on their blog. I haven't used the Maptia tool but it does look interesting if you are a traveler. This was posted on their blog - but don't miss a visit to their site and check it out to see if it's something you can use... and then tell me if you do!