6.07.2016

five things I'm doing this week...

I get a weekly newsletter from the ladies at 'of a kind', it's called 10 things we are doing this week and I always love to read it! They are delightfully useful and from time to time I pass their ideas onto you! So I decided it was a good idea I start a 'five things I'm doing this week' - because I knew it was impossible that I come up with 10 things each week! I think I can keep this going by keeping my 'things' short and sweet... things you can just do - without a DIY video or anything.


five things I'm doing this week....

1. reading my favorite book in a LONG time - The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney - mostly because of the endorsement of Amy Poehler - I'll read just about anything this hilarious lady thinks is good.

2. Vitamix of the week - coconut water, 1/2 lemon, 1/2 lime, nectarine, handful of arugula, pinch of pepper, small handful of walnuts and some more water and ice! yUM!

3. my new frida No. 6 clogs! obsessed.... obsessed! happy feet!

4. The 'perfect shirt' by Auntie Oti - going on my favorite for three weeks now so I figure it should be on the list!

5. Scallops... I would make scallops every day if I could! I am lucky, my shop shares the same mall as the best fish shop in Rhode Island - Ocean Catch Seafood - I've been grilling them on salads, serving with a mustard sauce (Swedish mustard, sour cream, salt and pepper) and tossing them with quinoa. Every which way they are delicious! (I usually marinate them in olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon - then pan grill them in a really hot pan in some ghee.

I hope you enjoy this new section on my blog as much as I enjoy all of these things!