10.20.2015

Sun Potion



Since I bought my Vitamix last year I have been sort of obsessed with juicing and love to have one or two juices a day. Now that the weather is a bit cooler, I just don't use any ice (I never used much just two or three cubes) but now room temperature is just fine. I make one in the morning and then save a jar in the fridge for later in the day, then if I want to do a cleanse I just cut out food and have only the juices (not often enough).


As a chill enters the air I like to switch over to teas - my morning tea is from the cookbook Near & Far by Heidi Swanson (filled with amazing recipes by the way!). Her daily tea of tumeric, honey, black pepper, lemon and coconut oil is my new favorite and I throw in a piece of Astragalus root (which you can probably find at your local health food store) it will boost your immunity and it helps me with my seasonal allergies.

I am completely into adding herbs to tea - since I live in rural Rhode Island I have never found a source that I believe in or anyone who seems to have the same use and meaning in using their teas... UNTIL NOW... bumbadada!!! I came upon Sun Potion on Instagram (there is a reason to follow the @thehermeshippie).


Take a look at their website and read through the descriptions and find what works for you. I like Mucuna Pruriens Powder - which helps with brain function, elevates mood and soothes the nervous system (because I don't know what is happening to me as I get older but my nerves are always on edge!) and Rhodiola - but I don't take them together and only when I need them. I also think that the Rheishi Mushroom powder is good too, because I have learned that it's good to have mushrooms every day (and I know I don't do that through my food) and the Rheishi mushroom is a superfood. It is called "the mushroom of spiritual potency" and it holds its place as an essential ingredient in a healthy life.

Give them a try and see what works for you - everything is wildcrafted, organic or small batch and I don't know why but the fact that they are out of Santa Monica.. well I just trust that for some reason.

Visit their website and then send me an email and tell me happy you are that you found them!! And if you think I should sell them at Nonchalantmom... email that too!

www.sunpotion.com