6.16.2010

Mor Mor's Sour Cream Waffles


We have the pleasure this week of my mom visiting from MinnesOta, the kids love it when she is here but I think that I love it most! She is a clean FREAK and whips this place into shape! AND we eat the best food while she is here... she loves to cook, but not those simple things, she has these delicious elaborate recipes that I LOVE. She is the kind of mom that made stuffed peppers when I had friends over as a kid... embarrassing then but I am so thankful now that I have a taste for the good things in life!

She found her old waffle recipe and has been making waffles for my sister and her kids in the last few months, she is on a bit of a roll with it... you never know when you are going to get the invitation to Margit's house for waffles! I was so jealous that I went out and bought a waffle iron for her arrival, and I am glad that I did... you cannot believe these airy and delicious delights! I remember them as a child but they seem even better now! We paired them with whipped cream and lingonberries and YUM! Amazing! or fresh strawberries when they are in season!

Mor Mor's Sour Cream Waffles

2 eggs - separate the yolk and whites
1 cup sour cream (or buttermilk but she prefers sour cream)
1/3 cup melted better
3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (mix with a bit of water)
3 teaspoons milk

beat the egg yolk and mix in sour cream, flour, melted butter, salt and baking soda/water mix and the milk.

beat the egg whites separately until light and fluffy and fold into batter.

When my mom made them she said "you are not going to like this recipe because it's a little bit fussy" and she is right, but they are darn well worth it and make up for all the trouble with delicious waffles! She also said that she once forgot the milk (runs in the family) and she thinks they taste even better that way!

Any way you look at them they are THE BEST!


These would be a great idea for Fathers Day!!